Stingray Feeding Experience
Due to the ongoing situation with Coronavirus COVID-19 we have taken the decision to suspend all sales and bookings of Animal Experiences at this time. Please keep checking back as we will resume bookings once this crisis is over.
For anyone with a currently unbooked voucher, we will be looking to extend your expiry date once we are accepting bookings again. Further information will be emailed to you when you are able to book again.
Thank you for your understanding.
£30 per person
Must be booked in advance, prior to visit
Be captivated by our Southern Stingrays Poseidon and Neptune in our NEW magical Stingray Feeding Experience!
Watch as our striking stingrays glide over to say hello and collect their food!
Alongside one of our Aquarists, help to prepare the stingray food, then feed Neptune and Poseidon the Southern Stingray.
- The experience lasts approximately 25 minutes
Time of experience
3:00pm (please arrive 15 minutes before start time).
Please note this experience can take place on the following days: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
How to book
Due to the nature of this Feeding Experience we can only take bookings for one person per session.
Feeding experiences must be pre-booked at least 5 working days in advance and paid for upon booking. Advanced bookings, are however recommended as dates are subject to availability.
Feeding experiences can make a lovely gift for someone special! Gift certificates are available upon request, please ask for further details.
Unfortunately this experience is unavailable for children under the age of 7, due to health and safety reasons.
If you have any questions or would like to make a booking them please contact us on 01202 311993 ext 208 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
- All Animal Experiences are non-refundable, so please carefully check eligibility if a gift, availability if you require certain dates and all other terms before you purchase.
- The Stingray experience can only take place on the following days of the week - Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- Bookings are subject to availability.
- We can take bookings for a maximum of one person per session.
- Children between the ages of 7-15 years old must be accompanied by an adult, who must be with them throughout the whole experience. The accompanying adult will need to purchase ticketed admission upon entry to the Oceanarium
- Due to health and safety reasons the experience is not available for children under the age of 7 years old.
- Please listen to the aquarist at all times. Your safety as well as the welfare of all animals is their upmost priority. As such, the keeper can stop the encounter or ask participants to leave the experience at any time should they feel necessary.
- The feeding experience does not involve any contact with the creatures themselves.
- During the Feeding Experience you will be handling raw fish; however gloves are provided.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late without prior agreement then your experience will be cancelled and your experience will not be rescheduled.
- The Oceanarium reserves the right to cancel or amend an Animal Experience if deemed necessary due to animal welfare, health issues or unforeseen circumstances. In all occasions we will aim to contact you at least 24 hours prior and try to rearrange.
- Regrettably certain guests will be unable to take part including pregnant women, people with epilepsy; known allergies or relevant phobias and immunocompromised individuals.