Assistant Marketing & PR Manager
Full Time, Permanent
The Oceanarium is seeking to appoint a confident, motivated and dedicated Assistant Marketing & PR Manager, available to start ASAP.
In line with the Oceanarium’s annual marketing strategy, the successful candidate will support and assist the Marketing, PR & Creative Manager (MPRCM) with the production, development and implementation of all trade and consumer marketing and public relations initiatives in order to achieve the annual visitor budget. A brief summary of key responsibilities include:
• Make proposals for new ideas for attracting visitors to the Oceanarium in order to increase footfall and reach visitor budget figures.
• Actively seek new opportunities for promotions and sales to local tourist information center’s, tourist attractions, hotels and other external organisations and to ensure relationships are maintained.
• Working with the Digital Marketing Executive, ensure the Oceanarium website, Oceanarium sales platform and all social media content are kept up to date and accurate at all times, maintaining quality standards.
• To initiate, research, collate and with support from the MPRCM, write relevant PR stories, ensuring all content is factually correct.
• Liaise with the media, suppliers and third party organisations to arrange promotions and competitions and provide copy and images where necessary.
• If required, oversee the management of an external design agency, issuing project briefs, to coordinate efficient delivery of all marketing materials (leaflets, flyers, adverts). Approve design and content and under the guidance of the MPRCM and/or UK Director, issue final approval ensuring a coherent approach to the marketing campaign is maintained at all times.
• Monitor and actively respond to visitor feedback through internal and external sources (consumer & trade) and marketing research.
• In the absence of the MPRCM, responsible for the management of marketing staff at the Oceanarium.
• Develop and create a bespoke Private Hire events package and be responsible for promoting the Oceanarium’s unique offering via various channels, including online, telephone and face to face enquiries. If required, to assist the MPRCM and Catering Manager with the organisation and operation of any functions or events taking place within the business. This may require you to work outside normal working hours.
• Supervise the Marketing Co-ordinator’s administrative duties including booking schools, groups and creature experiences and all aspects of the Oceanarium’s membership scheme.
As an Assistant Marketing & PR Manager you must have at least two year’s industry experience working with both traditional marketing methods and digital campaigns. Previous experience in the leisure & tourism industry would be beneficial but not essential. Previous management of a small staff team would also be an advantage.
The candidate must have a creative flair yet demonstrate a strategic awareness
and analytical approach. This position requires a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel. Digital marketing and graphic design (Photoshop and InDesign) skills are preferable however not essential.
You must demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills and the ability to work efficiently and calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines. Attention to detail and exceptional customer service is paramount.
This is a full time permanent position - Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
To apply for the position, please send an up-to-date CV and covering letter to:
Sara Kirchel, Oceanarium, Pier Approach, Bournemouth, BH2 5AA
or email: email@example.com
Application closing date: Wednesday 23rd May 2019