Aquarist for a day
Spend a whole day (9am-4pm) alongside our Aquarist team and learn all about the Oceanarium and the wonderful creatures that live here.
Single Adult: £160
Child & Adult: £200
(10-15yrs) with responsible supervising adult
Two Adults: £260
Must be booked in advance, prior to visit
Become an Aquarist for the day at the Oceanarium! Spend a whole day (9am-4pm) alongside our Aquatics team and learn about our magnificent creatures. Discover the wonders of the Oceanarium in this brilliant behind the scenes VIP experience!
The ‘Aquarist for a Day’ package will include free entry to the Oceanarium and will consist of the following activities:
- Morning checks
- Exhibit maintenance
- Creature feeds – stingray/sharks/turtles
- Feed preparation
- Turtle enrichment
- Animal health checks
The package also includes:
- £10 gift bag
- 50% Staff discount in the Offshore Café*
- 1 free guest admission to be used on the same day**
- Free 'Aquarist for a Day' t-shirt.
- ‘Aquarist for a Day’ certificate
Time of experience
9.00am – 4:00pm (please arrive at least 15 minutes before start time)
How to book
Experiences must be pre-booked and pre-paid for at least 14 days in advance. Earlier booking, is however recommended as dates are subject to availability.
Our Aquarist for the day experience can make a lovely gift for someone special! Gift certificates are available upon request, please ask for further details.
Unfortunately this experience is unavailable for children under the age of 10, due to health and safety reasons.
If you have any questions or would like to make a booking then please contact us on 01202 311993 ext 25 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note Aquarist for the day experiences can take place on any day of the week, subject to availability.
Terms and Conditions
- All Animal Experiences are non-refundable, so please carefully check eligibility if a gift, availability if you require certain dates and all other terms before you purchase.
- Bookings are subject to availability.
- The Oceanarium reserves the right to vary the timetable according to staffing and availability.
- We can take bookings for a maximum of two people per session.
- Children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by an adult, who must be with them throughout the whole day.
- Due to health and safety reasons the experience is not available for children under the age of 10 years old.
- Please listen to the aquarist at all times. Your safety as well as the welfare of all animals is their upmost priority. As such, the keeper can stop the encounter or ask participants to leave the experience at any time should they feel necessary.
- The feeding experience does not involve any contact with the creatures themselves.
- During the Feeding Experience you will be handling raw fish and meat; however gloves are provided.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late without prior agreement then your experience will be cancelled and your experience will not be rescheduled.
- The Oceanarium reserves the right to cancel or amend an Animal Experience if deemed necessary due to animal welfare, health issues or unforeseen circumstances. In all occasions we will aim to contact you at least 24 hours prior and try to rearrange.
- Regrettably certain guests will be unable to take part including pregnant women, people with epilepsy; known allergies or relevant phobias and immunocompromised individuals.
*50% off all food and drink prepared in the café. Receive 25% off all wrapped and bought in items including crisps, cakes, bottles and cans.**Guest admission does not allow behind-the-scenes access, but enables the guest to come and take photos and see the ‘Aquarist(s) for a Day’ in action. Admission valid on same day, all day from 10am.