To help you make the most of your visit, we've put together a few terms to help you plan your day.
COVID19 Changes and Restrictions
- We kindly request that you ensure you are in good health condition before visiting the Attraction. Visitors who have been in contact with a person infected with Covid-19 in the last 14 days or show symptoms of Covid-19, or have been identified by track and trace, must postpone their visit to the Attraction and follow latest UK Government regulations regarding self-isolation. We recommend you do not to visit the Attraction if you or anyone who lives with you is in the high risk or vulnerable category.
- Groups of visitors will be restricted to a maximum of six individuals. If the group is not all from the same household or support bubble, they must comply with the social distancing requirements relating to meeting others outside.
- Online purchase of entry tickets and reservations for existing ticket holders and members in advance will be the primary method for accessing the attraction. On site sales will be limited and subject to availability.
- Visitors purchasing a ticket online (subject to availability) and reserving an arrival timeslot online will be required to show a valid ticket and arrival reservation for the date and time of visit upon arrival.
- Annual Pass holders will be required to book their visit and arrival time slot in advance online subject to availability. They will be required to show their valid pass and valid arrival time slot reservation to access the Attraction.
- Third party ticket holders, TESCO Club Card vouchers and holders of open tickets will be required to book their visit and arrival time slot in advance online subject to availability. They will be required to show their valid ticket/voucher and valid arrival time slot reservation to access the Attraction.
- Some areas of the Attraction will be closed. Please see below for a full list of these.
- Tickets are valid for one visit of a maximum of two hours from the commencement of your arrival timeslot. Your reservation arrival time slot is 30 minutes at the times stated on your reservation. Late comers will not be admitted and no refunds will be given.
- There is no re-admittance once exiting the attraction.
- There will be no talks, feeding presentations, shows or animal experiences.
- There will be no education programs, group visits, tours and keeper experiences available initially.
- Play equipment will be closed.
- Interactive exhibits, games and machines will not be available at this time.
- The Push Chair Park will be closed and there will be no location to store Pushchairs. Please do not bring them or keep them with you if you require them. Pushchairs left unattended will have to be removed so we can maintain a safe environment
- It is not mandatory to wear a face mask/covering during the visit; however our staff will be wearing them. We support any visitor who chooses to wear their own face covering/mask in the Attraction and remind visitors that it is mandatory to wear them on any public transportation you may use to travel to and from the Attraction.
- Card payments will be the only payment method available and we strongly encourage contactless payment for all purchases up to £45.
- It is mandatory to use disinfection and sanitation products before entering the Attraction and at regular intervals during your visit. Hand sanitizers and hand washing facilities will be available throughout the Attraction and be clearly identifiable along with instructions on the correct use.
- Please pay attention to the social distance rule and keep, at least, 2m or 1m where 2m is not possible from other visitors who are not part of your household or support bubble throughout your stay. We have reduced our capacity and installed one way systems so there is enough space for all visitors to keep the mandatory minimum social distance but there is an obvious personal responsibility in doing so which we ask you to strictly follow. You will find clear information and floor markers will be available. Busy areas in the Attraction may have additional social distancing regulations in place.
- One way routes have been installed throughout the attraction to maintain social distancing and you must follow them where indicated.
- You may be required to queue for a while to access the Attraction initially and some popular exhibits and attractions where we need to limit capacity. Please follow all queue management systems and adhere to staff instructions.
- Should you feel unwell during your visit, with symptoms compatible with Covid-19, please avoid contact with other visitors and seek immediate medical attention.
- Always carry tissues and use them to catch any cough or sneeze. Please dispose of the tissue immediately in one of our waste bins and clean your hands as soon as possible thereafter. If you do not have a tissue available please sneeze or cough into your elbow.
- Catering outlets will have reduced capacity and menu and may offer takeaway only in some circumstances.
- Please respect in all instances, instructions from Attraction personnel and obey all written and oral warnings. Visitors who do not comply with these rules may be ejected from the Attraction without refund. We will not tolerate and verbal or physical abuse to our staff members or other visitors.
- There will be no price reductions or refunds in respect of any non-available elements of Oceanarium Bournemouth’s offer. All of Oceanarium Bournemouth’s animal collection will still be available to view.
- In the absence of any negligence or breach of duty by us, visiting Oceanarium Bournemouth is entirely at your risk.
- Anyone wishing to gain entry to the Oceanarium must have a valid ticket, membership or prior authorisation. Contractors or business visitors must sign in at the admissions desk prior to entering the Oceanarium.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to, eject or ban individuals or groups without refund for :
- - Attempting to gain access without a valid ticket, membership or prior authorisation
- - Using threatening, foul or abusive behaviour and giving reason to believe the ambience, safety or general enjoyment of the attraction or visitors may be compromised in any way
- - Being in possession of offensive weapons or dangerous items
- - Not adhering to written or verbal health and safety instructions
- - Feeding any of the creatures, outside of Oceanarium’s pre-booked feeding experiences
- - Being under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or other substances
- We reserve the right, if deemed necessary, to search any visitor or their belongings.
- We do not allow any animals to be brought into the Oceanarium except guide dogs or assistance dogs.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times throughout their visit.
- For the health and safety of all our visitors and staff, we do not allow any of the following to be brought in/ used within the Oceanarium:
- - Bicycles
- - Children’s scooters
- - Roller skates or blades
- - Skateboards
- - Footballs
- - Frisbees
- We do allow child ride-along equipment with adult-controlled steering.
- Re-entry to the Oceanarium on the same day of your visit is allowed - hand stamps are available at admissions – you will need to show your stamp along with your receipt for re-entry on the same day.
- Clothing that we deem to be offensive to other visitors must be removed or covered whilst in the Oceanarium. Footwear and tops must be worn at all times.
- Promotional vouchers may not be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount and we reserve the right to refuse promotional vouchers without providing a reason.
- We accept Tesco Clubcard Days Out Tokens at our admissions desk as either part or full payment against full paying adult tickets, senior, child, disabled adult, disabled child, carer and family tickets. The physical vouchers must be exchanged for entry – at present we can't accept online voucher codes.
- Visitors with pre-paid tickets (online, ticket agents, members or complimentary) can use the Fast Track till when operational.
- We reserve the right to change admission prices at any time without prior notice.
- It is our aim to have all of the Oceanarium’s displays attractions available for all visitors. However, when deemed necessary some creatures may be off-show to the public, some areas restricted, some changes made to opening hours or talks / displays cancelled, all without refund or recompense.
- Photographs and videos taken by authorised visitors should be taken without obstructing or inconveniencing other visitors. Anyone found crossing barriers or entering non-public areas without prior written permission for the purposes of obtaining images will be asked to leave.
- Smoking is not permitted within any area of the Oceanarium, including Bay View Terrace.
Adult - aged 16 – 59 years
Senior - aged 60 years +
Student - must show valid student ID
Child - aged 3- 15 years inclusive and must be accompanied by a responsible adult
Family - maximum of 2 adults
Disabled - must show proof of disability – DLA/PIP, blue badge or letter from GP
Carer - any adult accompanying a person with disabilities (no additional proof required)
Group - pre-booked with minimum 10 people
Under 3s - Children aged 2 years and under are admitted free of charge to the Oceanarium (and do not require a ticket)
- You can either choose tickets for a specific date, or open day tickets which are valid on any day after the day of purchase until 31st December 2019
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times throughout their visit.
- You will receive your e-tickets by e-mail which can either be printed or presented via your mobile device on arrival.
- Tickets are non-refundable or date transferable.
- If you require assistance with your online purchase, please call 01202 311993 ext 208
- For our online meal deals allergens information, visit http://www.oceanarium.co.uk/allergens-information
The terms and conditions under which the membership is offered are listed below:
- The membership types detailed here are the only options of Membership that we offer.
- 2020 Memberships and benefits expire on 31st December 2020.
- The pass can only be used for admission by the named/pictured cardholder. All membership cards MUST display a passport sized photograph and a name.
- Memberships and membership cards are non-transferable
- In the interest of safety, child passes (3-15yrs) can only be purchased in conjunction with an adult or family pass (or linked to an existing adult or family pass). Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult at all times during their visit.
- Family memberships have a maximum of 2 adults.
- The pass is only valid for admission during normal opening hours.
- All 'linked' passes must be of the same membership 'level' - they must either be all Bronze, all Silver or all Gold. i.e. you cannot purchase a Gold Adult with a Silver Child.
- The membership card must be presented at admissions upon every visit and membership cards must be presented at each till point to gain any member benefits/ discounts (e.g. retail and catering)
- Membership upgrades are valid with all tickets except Tesco and Prepaid tickets. Purchaser must pay the difference between the full 2020 Membership price and their original day admission. Upgrades are valid on the same day of entry only - ticket receipt MUST be presented at the till.
- Members, when visiting as part of a group, school visit or birthday party, must pay group or school rate.
- Any change of address must be notified in writing either by post or email: email@example.com
- Under 3’s are free of charge. Any child of a current member reaching their third birthday will be charged a full day admission or a membership may be purchased.
- For Gold membership pass holders, half price admission to Blackpool Zoo and Lakes Aquarium is valid on full price adult & child tickets only.
- The pass and associated guest passes remain the property of the Oceanarium and cannot be re-sold, refunded or transferred. Any misuse of the pass or guest passes will result in confiscation without compensation.
- There are no short term memberships (except children turning three) or pro-rata refunds should you wish to terminate a membership prior to expiry
- If available, any renewal price and associated benefits are offered subject to membership being renewed prior to expiry
- Member benefits are reviewed annually and are subject to change
- The Oceanarium reserves the right to withdraw or make changes to the pass at any time.
- The Oceanarium is open 364 days a year. If we are forced to close due to circumstances beyond our control, we regret membership cannot be extended or money refunded.
- The stated duration of any experience is approximate and may differ slightly on the day of your experience.
- Each Animal Experience has its own individual Terms and Conditions detailed on each experience page http://www.oceanarium.co.uk/animal-experiences
- The Oceanarium reserve the right to cancel or amend an Animal Experience if deemed necessary due to animal welfare, health issues or unforeseen circumstances.
- Participants must listen to and follow all instructions from the Aquarists. The Oceanarium reserve the right to end any Animal Experience if a participant is deemed to be putting a person, animal or property at risk.
- Whilst every effort is made to accommodate everyone, regrettably some of our Animal Experiences are not suitable for certain visitors – see individual T&C’s.
- All Animal Experiences are non-refundable, so please carefully check eligibility if purchasing as a gift, availability if you require certain dates and all other terms before you purchase.
- Full payment must be made when purchasing the Animal Experience.
- Bookings are made on a first come first served basis. Once booked, you will receive confirmation and full health and safety instructions.
- No changes to dates are allowed less than 5 days before the experience.
We aim to provide an excellent standard of customer care, creating a warm and friendly environment which will ensure our visitors get the best experience during their visit.
We acknowledge that occasionally things can go wrong, leading to visitors wanting to make a complaint and we welcome this feedback as we can review and adjust our operation to better suit the needs of our visitors.
It is usually best to resolve the complaint at the time by speaking to one of our members of staff. If they are not the right person for you to speak with they will be able to contact the relevant person for you and there is always a Duty Manager available.
If you are unable to make a complaint at the time, please contact us as soon as possible, detailing the following information:
- Proof of visit
- Date and time of visit
- Name or description of any member(s) of staff spoken to or involved
- Nature of the complaint (including time and location within the Oceanarium if applicable)
You can contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Oceanarium, Pier Approach, Bournemouth, BH2 5AA
The sooner you can get in touch with us, the sooner we’ll be able to help you. We aim to resolve complaints within 14 days of receiving them.