Real Live Leisure (RLL) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (as supplemented by the Data Protection Act 2018) and any other data protection legislation in force in the United Kingdom from time to time, the data controller is The Real Live Leisure Company Ltd (RLL), Oceanarium, Pier Approach, Bournemouth, BH2 5AA.
https://www.oceanarium.co.uk (the site) is a site operated by RLL, a limited company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 3446630 whose registered office is at Oceanarium, Pier Approach, Bournemouth, BH2 5AA. RLL VAT number is 913 0554 54.
The site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of RLL’s partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that RLL does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Information RLL may collect from you
RLL may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give to RLL. You may give RLL information about you by purchasing tickets and or making reservations through or filling in forms on the site, by completing forms or providing information in person at Oceanarium Bournemouth itself or by corresponding with RLL by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give RLL may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information or other factual information about yourself which you provide when you purchase entry or experience tickets or gift vouchers either on the site or at Oceanarium Bournemouth, complete a membership pack or make enquiries to become a member of Oceanarium Bournemouth, you complete the necessary forms in order to adopt an animal, you book a party at Oceanarium Bournemouth, you apply for or take a job at Oceanarium Bournemouth, you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions including signing up to RLL’s newsletter, you enter a competition, promotion or survey, or when you report a problem to RLL.
- Information RLL collects about you. RLL may also automatically collect the following information about you when you use the site:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Please see our Cookies Policy for further information.
Information RLL receives from other sources. RLL may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites RLL operates or the other services RLL provides. RLL are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
It is important that the personal data RLL holds about you is accurate and current. Please keep RLL informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with them.
Uses made of the information
RLL uses information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to RLL. RLL will use this information:
- to provide you with the information that you request from RLL;
- where RLL needs to perform the contract you are about to enter into with them or that they have already entered into with you;
- where it is necessary for RLL’s legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- where RLL needs to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally RLL does not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although RLL will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You will receive marketing communications from RLL and/or third party marketing services providers engaged on behalf of RLL from time to time, if you have requested information from RLL or purchased tickets, memberships or other goods from RLL or if you provided RLL with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Information RLL collects about you on the site. RLL will use this information:
- to administer the site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of RLL’s service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of RLL’s efforts to keep the site safe and secure; and
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising RLL serves to you and others.
Information RLL receives from other sources. RLL may combine this information with information you give to RLL and information it collects about you. RLL may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information RLL receives).
Failure to provide personal information. Where RLL requires personal information in order to be able to enter into a contract with you, or to perform a contract, your failure to supply the information will prevent the effecting or performance of the contract and RLL will have no liability for any loss which results from the failure to supply the required data.
How long RLL will hold the information. RLL only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes it collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, RLL considers the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which RLL processes your personal data and whether RLL can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Disclosure of your information
RLL may have to share your personal information with other companies within the RLL group who are based in the UK and Spain.
You agree that RLL may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Service providers based in the UK or Spain who provide IT and system administration services;
- Professional advisors including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the UK or Spain;
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the UK or Spain; or
- Third parties to whom RLL (or any other group company of RLL) chooses to sell, transfer, or merge parts of its business or assets. Alternatively, RLL may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to RLL’s business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice
RLL requires all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. RLL does not allow its third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with RLL’s instructions.
Where GLG stores your personal data
All information you provide to RLL will be securely stored either electrically on its secure servers (including but not limited to web and email servers), in the cloud (via a credible third party cloud storage partner), within RLL’s’ accounting software, by any of RLL’s business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors or other companies within RLL’s group in connection with the performance of any contract RLL enters into with you or in hard copy paper format. It is likely that your data will be transferred to RLL’s parent company, Parques Reunidos Servicios Centrales S.A. to be stored on its servers in Spain.
If in the future your personal data is transferred by RLL outside the EEA for processing or storage, RLL will ensure that any such transfer is made in accordance with the requirements of the GDPR (as supplemented by the Data Protection Act 2018).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although RLL will do its best to protect your personal data, RLL cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once RLL have received your information, RLL will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
CRM - Regarding to our CRM (customer relationship management tool), the data controllers of your personal data are Parques Reunidos Servicios Centrales, S.A. (PRSC), with registered office at Paseo de la Castellana 216, floor 16, 28046, Madrid, Spain and The Real Live Leisure Company , with registered office at Pier Approach, West Beach, Bournemouth, BH2 5AA, acting together as Joint Data Controllers (hereinafter, the “Data Controllers”). If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data or you need the essential parts of the joint data controllers agreement, please, contact with the Data Protection Officer (DPO) of The Real Live Leisure Company by firstname.lastname@example.org and at email@example.com and postal address in Paseo de la Castellana 216, floor 16, 28046, Madrid, España).
Sales Force: Additionally, the Controllers have providers that may also process your personal data in order to provide the services necessary to carry out the purposes about which you are being informed (including, but not limited, companies which operate in the following sectors: technology, legal advice, marketing, multidisciplinary professional services, IT services, etc.). These providers will only access your personal data to carry out their services on behalf of the Controllers, following their security and data protection instructions and without using them for own and/or unauthorised purposes.
Your Legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These are summarised below.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). RLL would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact RLL in the first instance.
- Opt Out
You have the right to ask RLL not to process your personal data for marketing purposes or any other purposes at any time. RLL will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if it intends to use your data for such purposes or if it intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent the processing of data for marketing purposes by refusing to provide consent on the forms RLL uses to collect your data. Where you have previously provided consent to receive marketing material from RLL, you can also exercise the right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting RLL at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to information
You have the right to request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data RLL hold about you and to check that RLL are lawfully processing it.
You have the right to request correction of the personal data held by RLL. This enables you to have any inaccurate or incomplete data RLL hold about you corrected, though RLL may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to it.
You have the right to request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask RLL to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for RLL continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask RLL to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where RLL may have processed your information unlawfully or where RLL are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that RLL may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Data portability
You have the right to obtain and relocate your personal data held by RLL or you to a third party. RLL will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for RLL to use or where RLL used the information to perform a contract with you.
Restriction on Processing
You have the right to request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask RLL to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- if you want RLL to establish the data's accuracy;
- where RLL’s use of the data is unlawful but you do not want RLL to erase it;
- where you need RLL to hold the data even if RLL no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- you have objected to RLL’s use of your data but RLL need to verify whether it has overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Objecting to Processing
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where RLL are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where RLL are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, RLL may demonstrate that it has compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Automated decision making
You also have the right under in some circumstances not to be the subject of a decision based on automated processing or profiling which produces a legal effect or other significant effect on you.
- No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, RLL may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, RLL may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
- Time limit to respond
RLL try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take RLL longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, RLL will notify you and keep you updated.