Turtle Feeding Experience
Get up even closer to one of our most loved creatures with our Turtle Experience, feeding our Loggerhead Turtle Carrie.
£35 per person
Must be booked in advance, prior to visit
Watch in amazement as the Oceanarium’s most loved creature Carrie the Loggerhead Turtle, swims over to say hello, as you feed her!
Alongside one of our Aquarists, help to prepare Carrie's food, then take centre stage when feeding her during our popular Turtle feeding presentation. The experience lasts approximately 20 minutes.
Time of experience
3.00pm (please arrive 15 minutes before start time)
Please note this experience can take place on the following days: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday
How to book
Due to the nature of this Feeding Experience we can only take bookings for one person per session.
Feeding experiences must be pre-booked at least 5 working days in advance and paid for upon booking. Advanced bookings, are however recommended as dates are subject to availability.
Feeding experiences can make a lovely gift for someone special! Gift certificates are available upon request, please ask for further details.
Unfortunately this experience is unavailable for children under the age of 7, due to health and safety reasons.
If you have any questions or would like to make a booking then please contact us on 01202 311993 ext 208 or email email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
- All Animal Experiences are non-refundable, so please carefully check eligibility if a gift, availability if you require certain dates and all other terms before you purchase.
- The Turtle experience can only take place on the following days of the week - Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday
- Bookings are subject to availability.
- We can take bookings for a maximum of two people per session.
- Children between the ages of 7-15 years old must be accompanied by an adult, who must be with them throughout the whole experience. The accompanying adult will need to purchase ticketed admission upon entry to the Oceanarium
- Due to health and safety reasons the experience is not available for children under the age of 7 years old.
- Please listen to the aquarist at all times. Your safety as well as the welfare of all animals is their upmost priority. As such, the keeper can stop the encounter or ask participants to leave the experience at any time should they feel necessary.
- The feeding experience does not involve any contact with the creatures themselves.
- During the Feeding Experience you will be handling raw fish; however gloves are provided.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late without prior agreement then your experience will be cancelled and your experience will not be rescheduled.
- The Oceanarium reserves the right to cancel or amend an Animal Experience if deemed necessary due to animal welfare, health issues or unforeseen circumstances. In all occasions we will aim to contact you at least 24 hours prior and try to rearrange.
- Regrettably certain guests will be unable to take part including pregnant women, people with epilepsy; known allergies or relevant phobias and immunocompromised individuals.